One of my favourite ways for essential oils to be used in my home is via a diffuser. Years ago you used to add a few drops of oil to some water and then light a tealight candle under it to warm the water and the essential oil molecules disperse through the air. However these days we are spoilt for choice with diffusers on the market making the process super simple. They even have timers allowing you to set how long you want to diffuse for. This is perfect for night time diffusing.
How do diffusers work?
Diffusers use cold water to release essential oils into the air. They usually also have a light helping to create a calm atmosphere. The ultra-fine, mist from the diffuser, distributes benefits of essential oils quickly and safely. A little goes a long way.
Why diffuse essential oils?
There are so many good reasons to diffuse oils my favourite being that it can instantly change the mood for EVERYONE in the house.
We also love that diffusing
- Makes our home smell amazing
- Increases focus – perfect for studying teenagers and work-from-home husbands
- Helps promote a good sleep
- Creates a sense of peace and calm
- Boosts immunity and keeps lurgies away!
What if I don’t have a diffuser ?
If you don’t have a diffuser, you can still enjoy the benefits of diffusing.
- Drop essential oil into your palms and cup them over your nose and inhale.
- Mix some drops of essential oil with filtered water to a spray-bottle with water and spritz around the room.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to a linen hanky and inhale deeply.
- Place a few drops of essential oil onto a plain cotton ball and place into the fan vent in your car.
- Put a couple drops of essential oil on the corner of your pillow for a good night sleep.
- Draw a warm bath, add a few drops of a essential oil.
- Pour hot water into a bowl and add a few drops of essential oil, cover your head and the bowl with a towel, and breathe.
Want to know what to diffuse? Follow on instagram or facebook for regular new diffuser blends!
Find out more about essential oils and how we use them here.
Find out how to purchase dōTERRA essential oils here.